Wed I went to see a specialist who was highly recomended by a friend of ours here. The Hatfields (Gracie's parents) arranged for the appointment and took me. It was wonderful to have a Japanese speaker there to fill out all the paperwork and be able to interperet and explain my symptoms etc. While spending the whole morning waiting etc was not the most thrilling, it was very nice to be able to have time with Gracie's mom and be able to spend the morning with her. We have really enjoyed this family and they have been such a blessing to us, from English fellowship, to helping us with things like this, to an instant friend for Meg whom she absolutely adores! God has blessed us so much with this family!
Now to the doctor's appointment. No colonoscopy was even mentioned. While this is good for my fear factor, it is a little frusterating because I want to know what this is that I get a couple times a year- especially since this time it has continued on more than normal. The doctor took an xray of my abdomen and said it all looked clear, and he thinks what I currently have is infectious colitis. Basically a virus or bacterial infection that causes the painful cramps in the intestines etc. He gave me probiotics (which from all my research is a very good thing) and some other medicine I am not sure what it is, and said if I am not better in 2 weeks to come back. I have not had an attack since Sunday so I am feeling very positive about all this and feel I am on the mend. I will be starting back to school this coming week with just 2 days and then will increase in the coming weeks once I am back to 100%.
Please continue to pray that I have no more problems with this and that this medicine does the trick. Thank you so much!
Sidebar note: picture albums now included and the monthly update and prayer calendar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment