Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Brother's Wedding

We had the privilege to get away for 10 days and go to my brother's wedding in Wales and then jump over to France to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.  The trip was very, very tiring (I did not realize just how far away from EVERYTHING Japan is), but it was great to be able to be at his wedding and celebrate with him.  I would not have missed it for the world!!!

Here are some snapshots from our time away.  The kids did great.  Titus cried several nights but mostly loved being in boyland catching frogs and bugs with the older boys where he was staying.  Meg had some trouble as well- but loved being surrounded by girls and doing girly things like having a play salon etc.  Alee??  Let's just say when we got back she ignored me and kept walking over to the other women in the room- wanting their attention.  It is a good reminder to me that I can certainly not find my security in my kids- they are just so independent- but that is what we want for them so it is a good thing, even though sometimes it breaks my heart a little bit.

The reception was in a neighbors field
It was beautiful and there was a great view

David with 3 generations of Adams women

David and Gma- showing off his ring

Cardiff castle- we even got to explore a little

And even got a little bit of home??!
I found this interesting when I found it in the store

No comments: