
I am constantly reminded of how far we have come with Titus. Last year all the snow we got only aggravated him. He so desperately wanted to go out and play, but could not handle the overstimulation of coat, socks, boots, hat, gloves etc. Every thing we tried to put on him sent him over the edge. He only did make it out once or twice and did not stay out very long because he was too cold, too everything. He was MISERABLE! This week with all of the snow we got Titus went out and stayed out most of the first day. He put all of his things on by himself- long johns, hat, gloves, coat, boots- the works. No complaining, no meltdowns, no issue at all. By the time he came in his clothes looked like he had found a lake and jumped in. He was that wet- but again no problems. He went and changed himself and hung up his wet clothes. He is out there again today playing happily in the cold. I can not believe what a difference a year has made- that not only was he able to go outside and play in the snow- but that he did it all by himself and there were no issues AT ALL. This is really huge!
A second thing that happened yesterday that reminds me of how far he has come is his performance at the dentist. He sat in his chair and let the ladies do their work. No crying, no screaming, no throwing up. His last dentist visit 6 months ago they had him in a separate room with the door shut because he was carrying on so much. This time, when he was done he smiles at me and says "mom, I liked it". On the way home he made up a song about how great the dentist is and how he wants to go every month. I wanted to cry.
These areas have brought me SO much stress in the last year. To see your kid struggle so much with something so basic really cut to my heart. Now seeing him being able to do these things and get enjoyment out of playing in the snow brings SO much joy to my heart and reminds me constantly how good our God is.
It makes those days you find poop on your wall not seem so overwhelming as we can look back and see where we use to be!








4 comments:
Rebecca - I'm choking back tears myself. What happy news. You've been so faithful over these very, very difficult years and I praise God that He is working in Titus and showing you the fruits of your difficult labors.
We are on vacation right now so I can only email those whose addresses I remember - which is why I'm not in touch. Wanted to let you know that everything was over before we left. I'm sorry I didn't give you the news. Will be in touch when we return.
Here's one proud aunt who is bursting with thanks to our gracious Father. So glad for all of you!
What a wonderful confirmation that you did the right thing when you came home last year!!
Titus is an amazing little guy!
Post a Comment