Written by Kevin:
Today I noticed that our Kerosene tank was getting low and needed to be filled up. I always cringe when the tank is low because that means that I have to call the local gas company to get someone to come out and fill it. See, when I call and have to talk on the phone, I can't hide my inability to speak Japanese well. Last month when the tank was low, I decided it was time that I make the call myself instead of getting someone else to call for me. So I went and made the call and didn't understand anything the lady on the phone said. I managed to communicate our house number but didn't say anything else of consequence. Yet miracously the next day someone showed up and filled our tank. So this time after questioning if we really needed heat, I went ahead and made the call. This time the conversation went in circles, and I didn't feel like any communication was taking place. So after hanging up, I decided that if the tank didn't get filled up by tomorrow I would call again. About an hour and half later I just happen to check and see that the tank had been filled. I guess God wants us to have heat, because it wasn't my language ability that got them to come fill up our tank.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
you get a gold star for effort!! :)
Guess you are right that God has been watching out for you. But, then he was when you were raising support so quickly, too.
I know exactly how you feel. I called a wrong # today, but I didn't know how to communicate this to the person on the other end of the line -- "Uh... Gomenasai... Bye Bye?" Duh!
--Jen
Post a Comment