So, you may have noticed I have been MIA recently. This is because since the end of January I have been down and out. Either from the IBS attacks, or being just plain exhausted, or trying to keep up with life here, forget trying to do any classwork! I have been to class but I can't honestly tell you the last time I have studied outside of class- very bad since I am supposed to be totaling 20 hours a week of language study. I get about 6-8 and that is difficult to keep up with at this point.
Today I went to a new doctor at a local hospital and feel Very encouraged about our visit. Let me say, (so you all don't worry) that that is how they do specialists here- you go to the hospital for a doctors appointment. That's just the system.
First off it went very smoothly and we did not have to wait long at all (a miracle in and of itself). The last time I went to a different hospital we had to check into the hospital (to get a card and them set up a chart for me), then go to the area and recheck in and then wait a long time. This place, we checked into the hospital and got my card and when we got up to the area where the doctor was we realized that it is all computerized and we were already checked into the area. We sat and waited just a short time and then we got to see the doctor.
The doctor asked a lot of questions and thinks that this is IBS, that it is stress related that is causing all of these problems. I say "what stress"? I had not felt stressed before all of this started happening, but I guess it is all catching up to me, moving to the other side of the world and living in a foreign culture. So, we are looking at everything and trying to "reduce stress". We will see where that leads us. Please pray for us as we make some difficult decisions that we would do what is best for My health, but best for the whole family also.
Thank you all so much for your love and prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
So glad you are encouraged with this latest appointment. Praying for all you asked.
IBS -- that sounds like ZERO fun! We'll be praying for your recovery and those tricky decisions coming up. P.S. I have a good friend who was diagnosed with IBS, and is doing really well now :0) Gambatte Kudasai!
--Jen
Hey Rebecca,
IBS is awful! Make sure though that it's not your appendix! Since mine went, I've hardly had any IBS pain! Have you had a scan to rule it out?
Anna x
Love you all! Praying for you! Mary
Post a Comment