Kevin just passed his 100th Kanji! He has memorized the first 100 out of a book we are using totaling 2,042. The idea of the book is that we will learn what every high school student knows when they graduate. We are VERY proud of him to have passed this first milestone. He plans to do 100 every month and have 500 memorized by Sept when school starts up again after summer break. My being sick has been a blessing lately for Kevin's study. I think it has helped because before I knew more Japanese, but now I am turning to him asking what is going on or what was said. He feels encouraged that everywhere we go he sees things that he can read and know the meaning of. He has gotten into a groove and really is doing great with school. He is currently in chapter 14 of the first book (there are 25 chapters in this book), so he is coming right along. Chapter 14 apparently is a very important chapter and a difficult one. Please be praying for him during this chapter, that he would comprehend and get it. Also for his study time, that he would continue to thrive in it and enjoy what he is doing.
Thank you so much for your prayers for our family. I still am not feeling the best, I will go to another doctor this next week and hope to get somewhere with him. He helped me a lot in the past when we were here before. We still do not know what we are going to do in regards to Chiba, so please keep praying for wisdom and guidance for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Rebecca,
It is sooo good to see you writing again. Praying for you all.
Hugs,
Natalie
ケーベンおめでとうございます!Well done on the 100 kanji! We're praying for you all. I wonder how God is going to use all this sickness stuff; we just know that He is and will. Our God rules! We're praying for health and peace and strength and energy and rest for your whole family, and wisdom for you guys as you make a decision about a move to Chiba.
Love ya,
Barb & Dave
That is so great. Hitting that milestone has to be reassuring--it can be done.
Post a Comment