Vocabulary, grammer, translation, particles, pronunciation, listening, speaking, reading, comprehension, Hirigana, Katakana, Kanji, Furigana....... Welcome to my world!
When asked how language study is going, I normally state that it's a rollercoaster ride and then tell the person how I feel about it at that particular moment. People will normally get totally different answers depending on the minute they ask me. I'm coming to realize that although rollercoasters go up and down at a quick pace like language study, they're normally over in a manner of minutes and are quite thrilling. My ride won't end as long as I'm in Japan and is not as exhilirating all of the time. I'm often overwhelmed with the magnitude of this endeaver. How am I ever going to learn a language like Japanese. At times I feel completely helpless and despair over my task, yet this brings me back to the gospel.
How could I, a sinner, find peace with Him? By working harder, or doing things differently? NO WAY. It will never happen if it's left in my hands. Not only is my acceptance before God come from God, but my language learning ability is also coming from my Heavenly Father. I'm being reminded that ALL things come from the Father. Please continue to pray that we would learn and be reminded of the Gospel in every facet of life. Please pray that the Lord would teach us of His amazing grace. Please pray that this language learning endeaver would drive us to the cross so that we would know our Savior better. Please also pray that the Lord would help us to learn this language. Thank you all as we know you are praying for us and have loved us in so many ways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Oh does that bring back memories! Well put, as was your June update. It's so encouraging to me and glorifying to God that you thank Him in your trials even though He hasn't granted healing...yet. Thank you for pointing me to our great and mighty God. I'll be praying for Rebecca's doctors' visits in the States, and for your time here as a family. Thank you for serving the Lord in Japan and for proclaiming His greatness there as well as in cyberspace!
Serving Him together,
Barb Bindewald
Post a Comment