Saturday, December 01, 2007

clarification

sorry- last night I was tired after a long day and did not clarify.

Last night my dad was moved to a hospice room around 8 pm. I slept from 9-9 and did not wake up once (huge- as the most several months I am up a lot tossing and turning). We got a call from a sibling at the hospital saying that it looked like it would still be several hours, so we will be heading over to the hospital soon. Last night I spent the night at my sisters and kevin has been at his parents helping with the jet-lagging kids at night and in the am. He says both kids were up till around 1:30 and were stil asleep when he left a little after 9 am.

Please pray today- as it could be another long day (we have been told several times it would not be long and then it is hours and hours of watching and waiting). It has been Very emotional to be there watching him decline and labor with breathing etc. I have only been able to handle a little bit at a time, with most of my time in the waiting room resting. Please pray for us today as it will be another very hard one.

Part of me feels like I can not handle going back to the hospital today- with me not feeling well, I really have to watch my emotions and keep myself under control to a certain extent- b/c I feel worse and I have to make sure I myself do not end up in the hospital- my mom just could not handle that right now. Please pray that I would feel well today, that I would be able to not get sick, that i would be able to go through this without always worrying about throwing myself into a sick spiral (which always ends up with me in the hospital). Please pray for my mom- as this has been So hard on her- not a week ago she brought him to the hospital for ivs and meds- never thinking he would not be coming home again. Her sister has been here with us which is a Huge support for my mom.

We just spoke again to someone at the hospital and he is totally unresponsive this morning- yesterday when they would move him around he would moan and he would struggle with his breathing- this morning he made no response when moved. They also say he looks like he aged about 20 years.

I feel a little weird writing this- but for my dad's sake, and my moms sake of it dragging on and it being so emotionally hard and draining- please pray that he would go home today. that his suffering would be over and instead he would be at peace with God.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
I just want you to know I have not stopped praying for you and your family. Today, in the quietness of my home, I will pray sincerely, lifting you up to the Lord and asking Him to carry your load. I long to feel the reality of the promise He gives that He will hear the cries of His children.
Love in Christ,
Kristin Rundles

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, crying with you. God will supply all your needs. Give my love to your mom. I'm so glad she has her sister there. I've been especially praying for the baby in your womb. You are all in His holy hands!
Linda Karner

Anonymous said...

There are no words that ever seem adequate at a time like this. I cry with you at this time of loss and pain, and yet rejoice with you that we know there is a better place than this world and that your father is now there. This has seemed so eerily like the passing of my father-in-law. He too, went home to be with his Father right before Christmas and was diagnosed with lung cancer just days before passing. There was no time to comprehend what was happening because it was so quick. That is hard to deal with, and yet what a blessing at the same time to know that there was little suffering on your dad's part. My father in law passed not long before his son (my husband) married, and of course before he could ever know of or meet his grandchild(ren). I understand that Torrie was to be married soon, and I know you are expecting another child, so here is another way that the passing of the fathers seems so similar. I share this with you not to overshadow what you're going through or to minimize it, but just to let you know that I understand what you must be going through now, and have you all in my thoughts and prayers constantly.

God's grace and love to you,
Kristen Matzke

Sara said...

Kevin and Rebecca,

I'm praying for you and your family. I pray that you will feel peace knowing your dad is worshiping with the Lord in perfect health now. He will give you strength and take care of you.
Blessings,
Sara Stewart

Anonymous said...

Hi friends,
Dave and I are so sorry to hear of your loss and your suffering. We pray that you will sense the Father's arms around you and beneath you ALL as He carries you, His precious children.

Much love in Christ,
Barb Bindewald