Saturday, July 12, 2008

We are here

We are here in Japan, sorry we have had no phone and no internet since our arrival- so it has been a little hard to update everyone. As I type I am at the school drying my laundry (more about this in a later post) so I can have a little time to let you all know we are all here and well. We should get internet in about 2 weeks so then I will really start the blogs letting you all see into our lives here.

Thank you for your prayers during the flight- it was better than I ever could have hoped for. Titus, while he only slept for 3 hours, was very calm and "normal" on the flight- no wild jumping on the seat or constantly wanting to run up and down the aisles. Alee was her normal angelic self and only fussed for a few minutes until I realized I needed to changed her diaper (so that one can't really count- because it was my fault), and then while we landed she whimpered on and off for about 10 minutes.

We are unpacking like mad and getting settled quickly. We love our house and location and are REALLY excited it will be ours for 2 whole years!!

Just a quick picture for you all to enjoy. We have neighbors just down the street that are Christians and have 3 small children. Rebecca had actually met the husband before while in Japan. We have loved the couple times already we have had with them and feel SO blessed to have them right here with us to help us as we muddle through life in Japan. The sweet baby is 3 months old and named Megumi (like our Meg)- so our kids are really enjoying that. Our neighbor right next to our house speaks great English and has attended worship on and off and done Bible study as well- we are very excited about getting to know this family as well. Please pray for us as we meet the neighbors and try to form relationships with them and reach out and love their families.


4 comments:

Torrie said...

wow, Alee looks a lot like Meg's baby pictures!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Why on earth was Titus wearing pink...oh wait...LOL ;)

Glad you are safe. Email me an address when you get a sec...got stuff here for the kids ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you have neighbors with kids who are the same age as yours - and christians, too. God is good and does provide. MOM

Anonymous said...

Your new home sounds just wonderful! Rejoicing to hear it. :)