Thursday, July 31, 2008

What, oh what have I done...

Growing up I remember fondly watching musicals with my dad. Sitting on the couch, snuggled up next to him, or sitting on his lap in the rocking chair. I loved Pirates of Penzance, carousel, seven brides for seven brothers etc. With this in mind and wanting to be able to watch these with my kids we bought Annie while in the states- starting out slow and we will build to the others when Meg is older.

I failed to remember one VERY IMPORTANT thing...

That song my sister Emily always sang (because she is red haired and thought she was Annie). You know- Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow... I can't even type the rest I so dread that song. I had to listien to it being sung non- stop all the time growing up- so much so that I must have repressed it and it has just resurfaced upon hearing it now being sung by my 6 year old. The twitch, the instant headache and wanting to cover my ears- it's all back!

So Autie Em- you would be SO proud to hear that once again I am being tortured by Annie songs day and night, non-stop. You would be so proud of your little niece. I will draw the line though at her wearing a short red dress- mom what were you thinking?!!

I have a bunch of blogs in the works- need to download pics first- so stick around.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Emily made such a cute Annie. And I'm sure Meg does too.

Beth, Dylan, Brandon, Summer Joy and Evelyn too! said...

bec, i remember that also! but i also remember us all doing the "it's a hard knock life" together in the basement signing and dancing and doing spins. fun times!! :)

Michael and Emily said...

hmmm... so maybe I should get Meg the Annie soundtrack for Christmas so that she can listen to it in the car too! Honestly, I don't remember you being tortured by it, but that's probably because I was just having too much fun singing.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Yippee! The dingles are alive!

We got Annie, but I haven't let Kayleigh watch it yet. HOw did they handle the "scary" parts - like the crazy end on the railroad?

I want the CD. I can't wait to belt them out!!!! woo hoo!

Love ya! Miss ya! Still need an address for these gifts for the kiddos!

Furrier said...

Aww, don't you want that for your ringtone on your phone? :)

Sarah Joy said...

That is so funny! It was one of my favorites when I was little and I ran around singing it! It seems that every little girl has one song she loved like that, unfortunately Meg is giving you a real dose of childhood flashbacks!