The day in the life of an itinerating missionary (From Kevin):
Just a typical day, I had emails to write, individuals to call and church’s to follow up with. I also had an evening bible study that I was supposed to visit and share with. Throughout the day I looked for anything to distract me from the task at hand. I know that I need to make the phone calls and write the emails, it’s just sometimes I don’t feel like doing it. So evening rolls around and I leave for the bible study and discover that there is no one there. I’m not sure if the study was canceled or moved to a different location. I’m a little frustrated with myself, because I knew that I should have re-confirmed with the bible study leader the day before. So, I go home and am ready to start making phone calls when I received a call from my real estate agent. It seems that the young man that’s buying our house looked at the inspection report and wants to correct every tiny little thing that the inspector found. He’s not even open to me making the corrections because he wants to make sure that their done right. He has asked for $5000 back at closing to rectify the problems with the house. As you can imagine, I was pretty ticked. It’s at this point that I sit down in front of the computer and am ready to start making phone calls to individuals. Yet, I was frustrated and angry about my situation. What did he mean he didn’t trust me to do the jobs right. It was just 3 days before when he was complementing me on the condition of the house and the quality job I did on various projects. Thankfully I couldn’t pick up the phone; I was so upset that there was only one thing I could do. So I take my burdens to the Lord and am reminded of His provision for all of my needs. Even when we are faithless, He is still faithful. WOW!! It’s only then that I go and begin making calls. My first call was to a family that I met with the week before; they informed me that they would be supporting us at $100 a month, WOW. It’s about 3 calls later that I call a family that I really don’t know, & they tell me that they’ll be supporting us at $100 a month, WOW!!! Again, I’m reminded that God is faithful to us even when we are not faithful to HIM. Then a contractor friend of mine calls and tells me that he’ll look over the inspection report with me and help me with any of the problems that I can’t handle myself. Again I am reminded that God is faithful. He is faithful to supply all of our needs, on a good day or a bad one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment