Saturday, January 07, 2006

Sleepless in Zaventem

It is 12:30 at nite and I am wide awake, and not the only one. The poor Pfiels (they will be team-mates with us in Japan)- I just heard John walk down the hallway once more with one of his girls. It took until 11:30 with Meg to get her to settle down and give in to sleep- she was wired. Not sure what Uncle David gave her today to make her so hyper- but she was laughing and giggling and being totally obnoxious at a very late hour. The kids seem to be fine (sorry Torrie- no meltdowns yet), just the opposite. I was in the room unpacking when I hear Meg's voice yelling that her "mommys name is Rebecca and her daddy's name is Kevin" and she is on her way to introduce me to her new friend, whom while she is telling me about how this boy has shared his toy crab (it was actually a spider) with her- she had her arm around him like they were best buds and had known each other for years!! It was all too cute.

Update on sick Meg. We had taken her to the doctors the day we left and she is on antibiotics and feeling much better. This morining Titus woke up with crusty eyes- oh no I thought. With one call to a friend of my brothers we had a connection to an English speaking Pediatrician and I took Titus later for an appointment. She was great and gave him antibiotics as well and she is very close to where we are staying, so if we need anything else she is right here- how wonderful that makes a mother feel to know that this is not something she has to worry about. Thank you Laura Doyle!!!!!

No comments: