Monday, January 23, 2006

Uncle David saves the day!















Titus has been sick since last Tuesday. He has had a 101+ fever and has not slept in 6 nights (which means we have not slept in 6 nights). Poor guy has a huge (I mean huge- like the size of his left cheek huge!) cold sore and has just been miserable. Needless to say- getting ready for bed was not going well and was not much fun for us parents! David had been away for the weekend, but as we were getting the kids ready for bed he showed up (with new books in tow). What a perfect disfuser for the night-time meltdown of not wanting to go to bed, and cranky, sick Titus. Both children were very excited and we promptly read all of the books (both kids trying to sit on his lap and wanting to do the flaps and activities in the books). After goodnights and saying good-bye to their favorite uncle in Belgium, I put them in their beds and left the room with not much fuss- whew!!!! Titus was even quite pleasant (which has not been the norm the last 6 days). So now they are resting in their beds, and we are just praying that Titus does not wake up tonight!

1 comment:

DNAdams said...

Favorite Uncle in Belgium?! Let's not limit it! I think Favorite Uncle, perhaps Favorite Person in the Role of Uncle or Aunt would be work! Afterall, I didn't see Aunt Torrie showing up with any books!