Thursday, March 30, 2006

"I Can do it myself Daddy"

“I can do it myself Daddy” These words struck me as profound this morning as I was trying to put the toothpaste onto Meg’s toothbrush. As parents we long for the day when our children are independent and can do certain things for themselves, yet we know there are certain things they just can’t do by themselves or they will wind up with toothpaste all over! I need to be reminded of this in support raising. I can’t do this by myself- I need our heavenly father to do it for me so it is done right, not as a child trying to force the toothpaste harshly out of the tube and the result is a big mess. This has been my main struggle lately. I continue to fall into the trap of thinking that my efforts, gifts, & abilities will accomplish the work, yet the truth is that God is the one that will supply all of our needs.

No comments: