Tonight I had the privledge of being taken out by a group of my lady friends that all have children right around Meg's age. They took me out as a good-bye dinner, a time for us to get together and enjoy each other's company. It was a wonderful time with friends that I will miss dearly and have meant a lot to me and the kids. Meg is so use to being surrounded by so many of these kids. She is right in the middle of the group with several kids 6 months older than her and the other half 6 months younger than her. It was a happy time, but sad at the same time sitting around the table with the other women, realizing that I will not be here much longer and able to do this with them. Realizing that when my kids are driving me crazy (yes those 2 adorable little ones do tend to do this), that I will not be able to pick up the phone and call one of them. I guess I could call but I can't imagine any of them would be thrilled at a middle of the night call!
Right before we went on our vacation our support raising coach talked about the process of leaving and moving to the other side of the world. It is something that really has not been a reality until recently it has slowly begun to creep in. Realizing that as much as we are looking forward to being there, serving, learning, making new relationships, that there will be this big void from the people we leave behind. We know that the friendships here will remain, they will just be different- but different is so often hard for me, especially when I feel like I had just gotten into a grove in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment