Meg just came walking down the stairs making throw up noises into a metal mixing bowl- oh how the memories come flooding back- it seems second nature to her as well.
For those of you who do not know- when I was pregnant with Titus, my closest and dearest friend was a metal mixing bowl (trusty rusty) who I used all day long for all 9 months. I was SO sick that Meg would go to the kitchen and get her own bowl and pretend to throw up in it alongside of me. At only a year old she would gather books and toys and "camp out" next to me as I lay on the living room floor- occasionally patting my back or checking my bowl to see how I was doing. She is at it again- taking care of poor ole mom.
We just found out that we are expecting another child (right before we went away for a week)- so sorry for the silence for those of you who may have heard rumors or things through the grapevine.
We are SO thrilled to be blessed with another child, and eagerly wait until the spring when he/she will join us in person. We had begun to think that 2 was it for our family- so we are SO very very excited that Meg & Titus will have a little brother or sister. They are excited as well and keep asking questions about the baby and why it is so sick etc. They have even begun to give name ideas. Meg's idea was "Hana" which is her first name, and Titus' suggestion was "Titus". We had to laugh when they offered these suggestions. Meg says she wants a girl and Titus says because he is a boy he wants a boy!
Even as we are So thankful for this wonderful blessing- pregnancy does not come easily for me and I have been very sick since we found out almost 2 weeks ago. Luckily I was able to get some Zofran which makes it so I do not totally lose everything and do not get too dehydrated, yet even on the medication I am still very sick.
Please Pray For:
1. That this sickness would go away at the "normal" 12 week mark and not stick around for all 9 months (I am currently around 6 weeks)
2. That the medicine would work and I would at least feel well enough to get some language study done in the next 6 months that I will be here
3. That we would have wisdom how to manage all of my medications (the new meds for my interstitial cystitus makes me nauseas but when I skip it I feel horrible in other ways)
4. That we would make good decisions regarding moving etc. I am due 2 weeks before my sisters wedding so I will be coming to America to give birth, but we have to figure out what to do about moving to Chiba, and Kevin's language study, and preparation for the school year etc.
Thank you all for your love, prayers and concern. We will keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Becca, I am so excited for you! I know how badly you wanted another child. If only we could skip over the whole pregnancy part! :) I will be praying for you and your family with all the many decisions you will be facing over the next year. I am, selfishly, excited that you will be back in the states to have your baby! I love you all and pray for you regularly.
Congrats!! We are excited for you ... another one to join the expectant mommy clan over there! :) We'll definitely be praying for you!
Rebecca and Kevin, What exciting news! Rebecca, I do pray for you to have smooth pregnancy and plenty of grace for whatever comes your way.
Did you get to hear just how exciting Tim's trip with the Dutras and Lewises was this summer? Some very good news, indeed!!
Sue Corbin
Post a Comment