Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Very Big Monday

Monday was a big day for us. Kevin has had this weird rash since mid last week and he was SO SO VERY cranky about what I thought was poison ivy I finally looked online and narrowed my list down to...
1. poison ivy
2. a boil (when in a cluster it is called a carbuncle)
3. shingles or
4. some weird infection of some sort

Realizing it would most likely need some sort of attention- off to the doctors he went. Here you try to only go to the doctors if you absolutely need to go. It is a long ordeal and can take many hours of waiting and waiting again and waiting again. He returned home with the news that it is indeed shingles. He has cream to put on it and medicine he is to take 5 times a day. Luckily he only has one spot and another spot with only one bump and he said he feels like another area is about to break out. If he does not see improvement by Friday he is to go back to the doctors. Thankfully we caught it early on and we hope the medicine kills it off quickly and he does not have any more painful spots.

The same day we started Alee on cereal. She has been grabbing at food while we eat but I thought it was just that she is grabbing at everything lately. While eating lunch Monday I held a cloth up between her and my food to see what she would do. She swatted the cloth out of the way, grabbed my pita and shoved it to her mouth. Enough said- I got out the cereal and made her a small batch. She loved it and was SO excited she was shaking. We also started the sippy cup after the meal. This she could take or leave but she did explore it and drink some. Mainly used it as a teether.

I will spare you pictures of Kevin but here are some of Alee's big Monday.

Waiting- oh she is getting to be such a big girl


I let Meg have the honors of feeding her
they were both so excited about this


What is this thing?

3 comments:

Torrie said...

Alee is tooooo cute! and poor Kev, that blows.

Anonymous said...

what a day!!! I hope Kevin gets better soon. It can take a while with shingles. And Alee really is growing up. I miss her - and the rest of you.

Beth, Dylan, Brandon, Summer Joy and Evelyn too! said...

What a little angel! When you don't see someone for a while, you feel like they aren't growing like your own kids are. She's growing up so fast!! Please tell Kevin he's in my prayers! Miss you all terribly.