Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You know it is cold when...


You have your child wear a hat INSIDE your house. The other day we did not get the heat turned on early enough to heat up our main living area and when we came down for breakfast it was SO VERY VERY cold that I put a hat on Alee. I was tempted to put gloves on also, but thought better of it as it would be hard for her to eat.

We do not have central heat like you all do in America, we heat each room as we are using it, so overnite our downstairs gets as cold as it is outside basically. I am just waiting to see my breath in the hallway!

Please note also the thick vest she is wearing over her sleeper. It is what all the Japanese babies wear to bed to help keep them warmer.

5 comments:

Torrie said...

she is SUCH a cutie!

Fred Avolio said...

So, apparently the person whose job it is to get up before everyone else and warm the kitchen is slacking off? As I know who it ought to be, we should all pray for him (without mentioning any names). No, not Titus.

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture. Hoping Gwen will talk about no central heating for her project.
UGH! I'm trying to let her take the lead but it is not easy.
Bridget

Beth, Dylan, Brandon, Summer Joy and Evelyn too! said...

what a doll baby!! and i thought my house was cold. i just had to put on my jacket. just the thought made me cold!! and i second fred's comment...... :)

-J said...

I came back to the room at the conference center at noon yesterday - and saw my breath! Stay warm :-)
~aunt judith