What do you get when you cross Turkey Hill ice cream with Snyder's chocolate covered pretzels? Pure delight for this Baltimore girl. On a recent trip to Costco I saw it, had to have it and bought it on impulse- even paid $8 for the two pints. For those that know me well- I would NEVER EVER pay that much for ice cream, and I don't buy anything on impulse. But seeing that local made Turkey Hill, and then the synders pretzels thrown in there also- oh I felt like I was sitting on my sister's couch eating ice cream again, watching tv. It made me feel like I am not in a foreign country with less than desirable ice cream, and so far away from family and friends. It was wonderful while it lasted! I made my container last for a whole week (yes- we had our own cartons- there was NO WAY I was going to miss out on less than my fair share of that goodness!) For those that know my husband- well, let's just say his middle name could be ice cream.
Friday, February 13, 2009
A Taste of Home
What do you get when you cross Turkey Hill ice cream with Snyder's chocolate covered pretzels? Pure delight for this Baltimore girl. On a recent trip to Costco I saw it, had to have it and bought it on impulse- even paid $8 for the two pints. For those that know me well- I would NEVER EVER pay that much for ice cream, and I don't buy anything on impulse. But seeing that local made Turkey Hill, and then the synders pretzels thrown in there also- oh I felt like I was sitting on my sister's couch eating ice cream again, watching tv. It made me feel like I am not in a foreign country with less than desirable ice cream, and so far away from family and friends. It was wonderful while it lasted! I made my container last for a whole week (yes- we had our own cartons- there was NO WAY I was going to miss out on less than my fair share of that goodness!) For those that know my husband- well, let's just say his middle name could be ice cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Impulse buying?? whatever is happening to you Rebecca?
Kevin told me all about the ice cream the other night & it sounds AMAZING! We'll have to look for it at Giant the next time we go.
p.s. I'm hoping they have good ice cream in France so the 4 of us can continue our nightly tradition this summer :)
How long did Kevin's pint last?
I don't know how else to get in touch short of calling in the middle of y'all's English worship service, so I'll just thank you in this way for your invitation today. I ended up staying on the phone with my wife longer than planned (it was just too good to quit) so there was no way I could make it out in good time. Maybe next time I'm in Japan I'll have the time to join!
I'll make use of my comment to mention that if desired, I can check out French ice cream for you, living a mere 20-minute bike ride from the border - though of course I'd need to know your criteria.
Stephan (thduggie at yahoo dot com)
I never thought I would purchase anything like that here either (very idealistic prior to arriving in Europe) -- but if I saw ANYTHING that said Snyders right now... it would be in my cart! I'm glad you got to enjoy a taste of home for a week :)
Man, I live in the states and can't get that here in NC!I was shocked when you used the word impulse in your sentence then to see you followed through really bought it! WOW! I am glad you were able to enjoy a taste from home:)
Post a Comment