This afternoon was lovely. I had 3 sleeping young ones and Meg and Titus were out in the yard helping me cut all the dead branches off of our front trees. I had dinner ready to go in the oven, and it was a wonderful day outside. The babies woke up happily and 2 of the sleeping beauties mom came to get them. That is when it all happened. Titus and the eldest Noll disappeared upstairs to look at something in his room. I hear an interesting sound and dismiss it as the dryer. When the sound persists I get up to check to see if something is wrong with the dryer- the only problem is the sound is not coming from the laundry room. Then I see a stream of water rolling down my wall!
Let's just say that by the time I got upstairs there was water covering the floor of the toilet room and starting to flow into the hallway. Water was shooting out of the toilet and I am a very frantic mom trying to figure out how to make it stop gushing. That's when I see the wad of toilet paper stuffed into the sink part of the toilet. Remember toilets here are very different.
So their little experiment of what would happen if they put toilet paper in the sink I guess you could say was successful.
Meanwhile I am wondering why on earth anyone would want a boy- don't they know it means trying to ride a bike down a set of stairs, poop outside by a tree which a cousin winds up sitting in it, gushing toilets and all sorts of other "adventures" that make a mother's heart stop...
Don't get me wrong I love my boy- but there are days I just wish he was a little less boy and little more calm and quiet.








5 comments:
Rebecca, maybe it's just active kid. You pulled some good ones when you were little. But he is giving you a run for it. Wonder what Alee will do.
I love it!! Send him to me whenever you need a break :)
p.s. Ben & I have been talking about setting up some sort of gray-water system in our bathroom. This is perfect! How do I get one of these toilets in the U.S.?
years ago at a Japanese restaurant the hostess said to me, "Three boys?? In my country, you highly revered!"
This too shall pass, he will grow up, leave, and you won't be his #1 girl anymore. Try to cherish the time; it's all to fleeting!
Lisa Joiner
(only one boy left at home...sniff)
But then what would you have to blog about???
*wink
Can't wait to see what Da.vid pulls in this house. Though T.ricia has set the stage for "interesting"
Post a Comment