Sunday, October 21, 2007

Extremes

Yesterday was one of the worst days yet- I could keep nothing down, even on the maximum dosage I knew about. Today has been a gift- I have felt so much better, I even went OUTSIDE... Yes, I have not been outside (minus the walking to the car to go to doctors or the like) in over a month so it was a Wonderful treat. I actually went out with the kids and watched them play. It just smelled great being outside- I swear I smelled kettle corn!!

All of that construction that has been going on around my house- I am praying it is just about done. Now where houses use to stand are nice flat plots of land- a very great place for the kids to play, and they were very interested in this digger.


While I have been inside all this time I have not totally missed the fall flowers and the foliage is just getting underway. A friend brought me these wonderful mums and a lady from our old church brought this display she made from flowers in her yard. Both served as great cheering up aids!



Meg has had some wonderful fall experiences at school. They went on a field trip last week to dig up sweet potatoes they had planted in the spring. Several days later she comes home with this.

YAKIMO

A yakimo is a baked sweet potato. They wrapped it in wet newspaper, then foil, then threw it in a fire outside to cook. I have to admit I had never had a yakimo before, my fascination with them was strictly because when I was in Japan before this guy in a truck would drive around during the winter months with this loud speaker going yelling YAKIMO and then something about them being delicious. I was so enthralled when I would hear him going I would jump on my bike and try to find him, so when Meg brought one home I was very interested. Everyone in the house loved it and it was gone before we knew it- I was kind of surprised to see how into it the kids were...but so glad it is a winter treat here that is so healthy. They can have Yakimo anytime.

2 comments:

trmills said...

Hey Guys! We just found you (Rebecca, of course I lost the paper you gave me with the blog address!). So thankful you've had a little relief and we will pray for all of you during this really hard time. It's good to get to hear a bit of what's happening there, and we'll keep checking in for updates...love to you all from Bangkok!

Scott said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate these updates, and we will continue to pray for you.