Monday, April 24, 2006
Life lessons from Meg...Again
On the way home from running errands today, we were in the car and Meg starting talking about Japan and that she wanted to live there forever etc. She even asked if we would be buried there. (quick explaination: the other day we went to the snowball stand and there was a cemetary right next to it, which Titus of course ran over to to explore. There was a grave that had a picture of a little boy who had died and a big truck on the gravesite- so we have been talking about dying and what will happen and where will her toys go etc, for the last several days). As a mother being concerned that she has this built up in her head and we will get there and she will promptly say "ok- lets go back to America, I want to see my friends" I said to Meg that while Japan is wonderful and the people are wonderful and that we love Japan- it will still be hard to live there sometimes. We will have to learn Japanese and make new friends etc. She promptly looks at me with seriousness on her face and says "well mom, it will not be hard to teach all of the children how to worship the one true God". Slam- in my face!!! Perspective!!!!! Yet again God uses my child to remind that it does not matter- we have a purpose for going, and in light of that purpose, all else fades to the back and does not really matter- I just wish sometimes I didn't need my 3 year old to teach me this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
"the one true God" - that's a line right out of the standard Kevin Dingle dinner-time prayer. I guess she really is listening when he's going on and on and on before dinner ;)
Post a Comment