Monday, April 17, 2006

Missed Easter, An Auntie Again

Kevin & Meg heading out to church

These two will connect- at the end somehow, trust me.
Coming around from being totally out of it for the past 3 days, I realized I missed 2 very important events- both occuring on Sunday. Sunday marked 2 celebrations. The celebration of Christ's resurection, and the celebration of my sister adding a new little girl to the family. Titus and myself laid in bed together most of Sunday- both feeling horrible, with some nasty virus that has been going around. As I sent Kevin and Meg off to church, I sent them with sadness realizing that I would not be going with them and would miss such an important day and celebrating with fellow Christians. Later that day when I heard that my sister had had her baby I was sad that I would not be able to get up there and see the little one- most likely for a week- to make sure all sort of contagious gunk is out of us. I was the first one to see their first child and be able to hold him- it's kind of a special right as being one of the only ones in my family that can get anywhere on time!!! But then I realized, that even though I was not able to be there with her and celebrate face to face- that I was celebrating on my own. This is true of the celebration of Easter- just because I was not able to get out of the house- does not mean I missed it! Even though I feel jipped because we were excited to get to our home church, which we have not been at for quite some time, I am reminded that I can, and should be celebrating Easter every day of my life- it is not just a one day event, that if I am sick, I miss.

2 comments:

Torrie said...

hey Bec, don't feel too bad, I don't think anybody got to hold Adalia yesterday. But I did get to see her & she's a cutie! :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, I got to hold her Sunday evening before I can home. She is a cutie..