Earlier today Meg and I were talking about Japan and she asked if we were going today. I told her that we had to wait until we finished telling people about Japan and asking people to pray for us and send us. She then asked if we would stay there forever. Me thinking she was asking for fear of never seeing people here again, I answered that we would be in Japan some, then back to America and would do that a lot. To this she said "no mommy, I want to stay in Japan forever."
This afternoon Kevin and the children were watching a movie about Japan online made by our team. He was telling them that the lady in the film was talking about the need for people to learn about God there because they are worshiping false idols and that is why we are going to Japan. To tell people about God. To this Meg said, "Daddy, I want to go to Japan to help people worship God". What a vision for an almost 4 year old! It amazes me, her willingness to go and desire to be active in ministry. It brings joy to my heart to see this love in her already.
It is said that not just a husband or father and mother are called to the field of missions, but the whole family. We are not even in Japan yet, and Meg has a sense of this. Kevin and I are not going to do ministry and the kids just tagging along. They are going to Japan to be involved in ministry too, to do as Meg said and help people learn to worship the one true God.
To see the movie go to http://mtwtokyo.com/ and then click on media/resources, then movie.
There is also quite a bit of info about the team we will be joining, although it is quite outdated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
that's truly awesome. :)
Post a Comment