Saturday, December 16, 2006

A mother's Heart

This week has been tough for us (Me & Meg). Monday she went to school fine, then Tuesday when I went to drop her off at school she hollered and cried and screamed. After prying her off of me, I left a screaming child in the arms of strangers who basically only speak Japanese. I came home and immediately called a friend who speaks Japanese and had her go check on Meg. This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do- I think the other was having Titus in the NICU as a newborn. I am not a very emotional person- but Tuesday was a Very emotional day for me, feeling like I did not know what to do, and if I had done the right thing etc. Every day this week we have been through this in various stages. It seems we are over the hump now- whatever was bothering her seems to be settled. On Friday- no crying, no screaming, back to my normal Meg (barely even said good-bye to me). The teachers at her school have been Wonderful to her and that first day she threw a fit I found out the one teacher held her and said "it's ok, it's ok" in English until Meg was ready to play- VERY sensitive since she really does not speak any English. Thank the Lord with us for providing such loving, caring teachers!

Thank you to those who had known about this situation and were praying! Please continue to pray for Meg as it is a cultural adjustment going to school all in Japanese. She has begged to go to school, and every day we pick her up from school she talks about what a good time she has had, so Kevin and I feel like we are at a loss, did not know how to handle this past weeks situation. Please pray that we would have wisdom in making decisions regarding our children here, and for Meg as she gets more comfortable with school.

Today in the grocery store we bumped into 2 different little girls and their mothers from Meg's school. That was Very nice, as I got to meet the one girl Meg has talked about a lot, and to meet some of the mothers as well. Both were very nice and I think it will help Meg in school as she feels she "knows" the other children, because she sees them other places as well. We have a Christmas party this coming thursday (american wed pm) at Meg's school where I will be able to meet all of the mothers.

Please pray for:
1. A good school week for Meg- that she would feel comfortable, and at ease at school
2. For the teachers at her school- that they would know how to best care for her and love her
3. For the Christmas party- that it would be a good opportunity to meet the other mothers and make some contacts who we will be able to do things outside of class with

No comments: