Friday, December 29, 2006

Monkey Sighting...Finally

We had our first monkey sighting today! We were so happy about it. We were told there were wild monkeys all over here where we live, and we kind of sold Titus on this. We kept telling him while we were in America "we are going to live where George lives"- he was totally excited about it and ready. Then when we got here, and no monkeys, let's just say I am glad we did not have a mutiany on our hands!! Needless to say- we were glad to have finally seen not just one monkey- but a band of monkeys! I had dropped everyone off at a shop and went to the grocery store and when I returned and got out of my car- there was a monkey walking right toward my car. I freaked out- got back in the car and grabbed my camera. I was NOT going to let this opportunity pass. After taking a bunch of photos I ran over to the coffee shop where Kevin was hanging out with the kids and there they were staring out the huge glass walls at a group of monkeys. Titus apparently got down on all 4's and started acting like a monkey he was So excited.

Up close and personal

mother and baby on the left



A couple days ago we went to a famous overlook spot nearby. The kids had a good time- although it was Very windy up there, we did not stay long, just long enough to freeze and get some good photos.

A Very Happy Dingle Family

Here you can see exactly how windy it is- Meg is not so happy-
but check out those boots!

Where 2 prefectures (states) meet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cooooool!!! monkeys!! :D

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Great shots!