Friday, November 09, 2007

A Big Day Out

My Outing:
Ok- so it wasn't like I was out all day or did anything that great or exciting. In the afternoon I was feeling ok so I went with Kevin to pick Meg up from school. She has needed a new obento box (where her food for lunch goes) for quite some time so I thought we could stop at a nearby store and I could get one. The store did not have any, so we went to another store which is right next to the grocery store- I took Meg with me while Kevin took Titus to do some quick grocery shopping. That store did not have any either so Meg and I went into the grocery store to look.

Now I have not been in a grocery store for about 2 months and I felt like I hadn't been in a lot longer than that. Seeing all the food- I had forgotten what all we could get, so I grabbed some things and we went and found an obento box. I only went up maybe 3 aisles but that was quite enough- I was ready for my adventure to be done. It was nice to get out and see some of the things I have been leaving off my lists because of pure forgetfulness.

The Kids:
I wish my camera was working (I recently dropped it and it is acting crazy now). At dinner the kids had french fries, chicken nuggets and yakimo. I found it funny that I looked over and realized that both kids had not touched their french fries or chicken nuggets- they were both eating the yakimo. What is up with my kids?? Offer them these 3 foods and they chose to do the whole sweet potato!! Never in America would this happen....

Some news on my father:
Apparently the cancer is not only in his lungs, but in his spine and brain. They say it is a category 4 which is very advanced, although they got some good news that his particular type of cancer has responded very well to a certain drug in other people. It is a pill he takes every day that he should be getting this weekend and will start right away. They will know in a month whether it is working or not- so please pray that this drug would do the trick. If this drug does not work they will try chemo but they say it has much less success.

Please pray as they have many doctors appts coming up and my mother has been the caretaker for 4 of her grandchildren while my sister works- that they would find people to watch the kids in order to free her up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We're definitely praying for everyone in your family, Rebecca. Your dad is such a wonderful man -- I admit it has shaken us to hear about this but I guess it's an opportunity for us to entrust him & his care to Jesus, come what may. And I'll pray for you, being so far away - it must be hard to not be here... Jodie & Jeff

Anonymous said...

It is not just your kids. It must have something to do with the Adams genes. Adalia always eats her vegetables first because they are her favorite. She gets very excited about broccoli and green beans in particular!