Ok, so I have not been in the most thankful mood recently. With Thanksgiving here I decided to share some things that I am thankful for and to give you all an update.
The Dingles are thankful...
1. That today was a good day- I have not had one in over 2 weeks- so we are particularly thankful for that today, I helped Kevin some, played with Titus, and even helped serve dinner
2. That I am 15 weeks and have made it this far safely- we know we are REALLY blessed that we are able to bear children, that we do not take this blessing lightly as we know many who have struggled with this greatly. God has truly blessed us with this 3rd child
3. For modern medicine and drugs- that we live in a day where there is some help for my condition. We have been watching little house on the prairie a lot with the kids lately and I just think what if I lived back then- I surely would not have made it this far- so I am thankful for drugs that help me stay hydrated and healthy
4. (Rebecca is thankful for this one) For a husband who is fabulous! He has withstood taking care of the kids from sun up to sun down, the laundry, the cleaning, the cooking, the dishes (we have to wash everything by hand), and every little detail of life for 11 weeks now, and now he is doing the packing up of everything to prepare us to head to the states for a while
5. That we have a God who is good and loves us vastly- He really takes care of us in every situation and we have seen this firsthand
6. That Rebecca's father knows and loves God greatly- that we can rest in whatever happens in this situation because of that
7. That we will be able to have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. You can not just buy turkey, stuffing or cranberry sauce in any grocery store- but thanks to the world we live in, it all has been ordered and we will be sharing a scrumptious dinner with other Missionaries here. Kevin in particular is looking forward to the pumpkin pie!
We are starting to pack up our things and are awaiting the go ahead from those higher than ourselves to come back to the states for a time period so we can be near my father while he battles this cancer. Please pray with us as we prepare to leave and move back to the other side of the world.
Meg will be leaving school mid year and entering American kindergarten, and Titus for the first time will be entering school sometime hopefully in December. Please pray for them and this transition time- that they would have closure and adjust well to the new situations in America. Karuizawa has so much become our home, that it will be hard to adjust- I am particularly worried about Meg missing the friends she has made here in school and has come to love so much. Please pray they would adjust well and we would have sweet, good times with my father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
you just tell meg that summer is so excited that she is coming home. i told her yesterday and she did a little happy happy joy joy dance while laughing out loud! :)oh, also tell titus that she got excited about seeing him as well! we are ALL excited to see ALL of you! i'll be praying for an easy packing job and swift flights!
We're all praying for you at River's Edge, I promise.
Post a Comment