

Today was Meg's first day to be at school all by herself. Both Wed and Thurs I stayed with her and she was very mommy needy. I had to be right next to her and she had several small tears. This morning, we went to school and I dropped her off and she seemed to be ok. I went back and checked in with the teachers several times (a very nervous mommy I was indeed!!!) and every time they said she was fine and was not crying. When I picked her up from school she was smiling and seemed to have a GREAT time! What a relief to me- as last night and all morning I have had a very heavy heart as I worried what to do with her. She was very excited about school, but at the same time seemed very reluctant- so we are so thankful to God for hearing our prayers and answering in abundance!!!
Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers! Please continue to pray as this is a hard experience for her- it is 100% in Japanese and the teachers only speak a very LITTLE English. The children are so kind and several of the older girls have really taken her under their wings thankfully. Please pray for Ko-chan, a little girl in Meg's class that has included her a lot and could be a great friend. Also for Ana and rina- both 6 year olds that have helped Meg and kind of guide her to what is going on.
Meg & Rina playing








2 comments:
it's so exciting to see meg getting immersed in the culture of Japan, even though i'm sure you want to hold her hand through it all! :)
Hey Dingle Family!
We are studying Japan and love to look at your blog for "real life" culture lessons. The gomi rules are our favorite. The boys are very interested in Meg and Titus having to adjust to life in Japan. Are they picking up Japanese well?
Tina SHideler
Post a Comment