I will do the most shocking of appliances first- to give you a real life picture of how our lives are so very different here. Let's just put it this way- while Kevin was giving a webcam tour of our home my mother-in-law gasped when she say it and told what it was.
Yes, this is an area I have had to really get use to and surrender that I will never again have a regular American oven. That is just life here and I will get use to it- (I got the supped up, largest one out there).
Yes, it really looks like a microwave and is only 20" wide x 16" deep x 16" tall- but it does fit my cake and muffin pans and I can fit two 9 x 13 dishes in at the same time- this is HUGE over here. And it does have some cool features. I can use it as a microwave or an oven and it has a grill feature and some steam feature that I will need to do some more asking around about.
I have had to learn the correct sequence of buttons to push in order to get it to bake at the correct temperature for the correct time- I am still pulling the manual out every time I use it to "remind" myself and I do hope to learn some of the cool features it has. I am happy that I have a way to bake cakes and dishes I am familiar with, but oh how I will miss my huge American appliances!








1 comment:
I love this! When we arrived in Tokyo in '88 we were told to bring an apartment-size American oven. It worked out fine, but you should have heard the Japanese appliance guys sucking in air when he was asked to install it!!!
Barb Bindewald
Post a Comment