Friday, August 01, 2008

Yellow Watermelon???


You can not believe how excited I was to find watermelon in the store for about $4.50. I had heard that they are typically not under $20, and a friend had bought one when it when down to $15- they are big ones. While shopping last week I saw what looked like a cute little watermelon for $4.50. Could this be right?? Yes, it was. Numerous ones were marked the same price. I quickly grabbed mine- felt like I was stealing it and came home (after paying for it of course).

Upon cutting it open I was shocked and very disappointed to find yellow- not the beloved red. Luckily Kevin was right out front talking with some junior high boys from the neighborhood. I sliced it and took it out and offered it to everyone and then asked them what it was. It turns out- watermelon here are red or yellow on the inside. It certainly tasted fine and for $4.50 we enjoyed every bite of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I think you should go back and get another one at that price.

Furrier said...

Rebecca,
I've had yellow watermelon in the States before. It's unusual, but not to the point I'd call it "rare".

David P.

Dane and Jo said...

we used to get yellow watermelon all the time when we visited our relatives in Alabama. Glad to see such happy posts! You're in our prayers.