Monday, August 11, 2008

The object of her affection...


While Alee is happy and joyful and smiles and laughs at most anyone who will look her direction, there is a certain someone that she positively "lights up" for. She smiles bigger, she giggles louder, she follows his every move and has even been known to reach over and grab his arm to hold onto it just to be close to him.

For some reason she adores Titus more so than any of the rest of us. Even after he has karate chopped her across her belly and smothered a pillow over her face (yes I have to keep a VERY close eye on him around her- I make him follow me around the house if I have to go somewhere because I certainly would not risk leaving him in the same room alone with her).

It is really neat though to see her forming this attachment and adoring her older brother. I myself have an older brother that I adored and who knows why I did some of the things I did for him. He tortured me in many of the same ways- spilled steaming hot coffee on me as an infant, literally walked on top of me, told me I had to be adopted out of the family because there were going to be too many children, set me up so I was the one who got in trouble in so many situations etc etc etc. Yet, I adored him and loved and served him- yes, I did say serve. I would bring him snacks while he was sitting on the couch watching football or baseball and did not want to get up.

Back to Titus and Alee. I love seeing the look in her eyes when he comes near and she just watches him, waiting to see what he will do next. Yesterday Titus asked to hold Alee and here are some of the shots I got.


4 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Such sweet photos! She is getting so big. I love that special bond.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, Maybe she's just keeping an eye on him to see what he's going to do to her next.

Anonymous said...

1) I'm not sure how much of this was true! I remember more of sisters turning on me and getting me in trouble when I wasn't even involved!
2) One day he'll realize that he didn't get a younger sister, but rather someone else who believes she is his mother and will boss him around as though she were!
3) I feel bad for the little guy. Just wait until the day she turns on him and acts like she doesn't even know him on their first day of school. And then the tongue being stuck out at him! Oh the emotional pain!
David

Kristen said...

Maybe she likes him so much because she looks just like him. Wow, do they ever look alike!!!