Today while taking Titus to the Library this morning I saw a garbage truck. I know this is not a big deal where most of you live- you see one every certain day of the week, but here we drop our trash off at a garbage collection site nearby- so no garbage truck sightings here. I was shocked and started yelling at Titus in the back seat to look (he loves trucks and I knew he would be equally excited!). It so caught me off guard because we have been here for more than 2 months and this is the first time seeing one actually picking trash up from the street. The businesses must have trash removal and not have to stink up their cars by delivering it...so it was an exciting see that reminded me of America!
The other first we had today was Titus stayed dry ALL day- no accidents. This again might not seem all that big or important- but we started potty training the week before Christmas- you do the math. There are no "potty train in a day" kids in this household. It took pure determination on moms side as well as getting just down right mean (we started taking Thomas trains away)- I think that finally spoke his language.
So all in all we had an exciting day in the land of Japan with 2 very exciting firsts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
hmm. . . i dunno what's worse. getting stuck driving behind all of the garbage trucks around here, or the idea of having to cart around stinky yuck in my car! :o
WOO HOO! Go potty training success!!!!
YAY! How exciting! I can totally see how you would be excited about that. I mean, aren't you two the ones who chased the "Yaki-mon" man around on your bikes? We love keeping up with ya'll and the kids and CAN'T WAIT to be there with you!!!
ok- how in the world did you remember that?!! It was actually just me, Rebecca. I was young, new to the country, had nothing better to do, and it fascinated me! For those clueless... it is a guy who goes around in a truck selling hot sweet potatoes yelling at the top of his lungs "yaki-mo", then something about them being delicious. This to me seemed wierd- he is no ice cream truck!
Post a Comment