Thursday, January 25, 2007

I can read!

Wanted to share an exciting leap for me. With Meg's school they have a book of the month club, where every month they send home a new book for the parents and kids to enjoy together. We signed her up because we thought it would be a great way for us to work on our Japanese in another facet as well as her Japanese. They just sent the first book home the beginning of this week. I opened it to read it a couple of nights ago so I could pratice stumbling over the words a couple times before I was "reguired" to read it by Meg. When I got to this page I was SO excited. Not only could I read the sounds that are on the page, but there was comprehension!!! I had just completed the chapter that dealt with eating and this verb so I could actually "read it". I felt like I had passed a major milestone as there is so much around us that we do not comprehend as we read the sounds, and have no clue what it means. Mind you- the rest of the book, there are only little bits and pieces that I understand and use to try to piece the story together the best I can for the kids. It is a very cute book.
Enjoy this page- notice the foods that are on the table for breakfast!


The first part before the break is the little girls name. The second section is "breakfast" and the third section is the verb for "eating". The particles are the last characters at the end of each section. So basically it is that she eats breakfast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go!!! that's great! :)