is one that has bronchitis herself, has 3 kids ages 5 and under (all with ear infections) and still opens her door happily to let you get sick in her bathroom- even offering a nice plush towel to make you more comfortable!
On Friday I did not feel well, but there is just so much that needs doing so I talked Kevin into taking me to run a few errands. I thought if I just tried to buck up and get it done I would be able to at least get something done. How naive I am. I should know better. With hyperemesis it does not matter how much you want to feel better, how much you convince yourself that you can do it, to get even a little thing done, it does not help.
I lasted maybe 5 mins in the store and then we had to leave quickly because I felt so bad. We ran into an old neighbor in the parking lot and I could not even stay to chat with her a little bit- I raced to the car to sit and sip on my slurpee while Kevin chatted. (Don't you just love a husband that can talk and loves doing so- it helps out big time!) On the way back towards home to get Meg from school we had a little extra time and I felt SO incredibly bad we stopped off at this particular friends house, hoping she was home so I could use her bathroom. You see, I have a hard time getting sick in public places- maybe it is because I myself would not want to have to listen to someone barfing in the next stall, so I needed a nice, safe, comfortable place and I found it at this friends (I must add) wonderfully smelling bathroom.
This experience made me reflect on my friends here, and how thankful I am for them and the different ways they love and help me. From the ones that call regularly (knowing they will not get to talk to me, but have to get an update from Kevin) and yet they still call, to the ones who regularly encourage me to start working through my father's death in a gentle and loving manor. Then there are the ones who do things like put together a career day outfit for Meg, or dig out an old winter jacket for us to borrow when Meg's zipper breaks and the jacket is no longer usable. There are ones that I know pray every single day, and offer sympathy and encouragement to help me get through the remainder of this pregnancy- that I CAN do this and it is almost over.
We realize that while life is not fun, and actually we would really rather not be in it right now, that we are loved and have been given some wonderful friends that we would not trade for the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
yeah, J told me all about that. Definitely quite a story..
How you feeling these days?
Post a Comment